School Vision and Purpose Statement
Harrison School Intent, Vision and Values Statement
Harrison School is a community that provides a positive, inclusive and engaging environment which inspires learners to achieve their potential as productive members of the wider community.
- Provide the best possible learning opportunities
- Strengthen our sense of community
- Develop a shared understanding of the Harrison School values and vision.
How do the Harrison School values look?
- We value and accept individuality (different languages, cultures and beliefs)
- We treat others the way we would like to be treated
- We ensure that our intentions are positive when interacting with others in the Harrison community
- We take accountability for all our actions and responsibility for property.
- We provide equal learning opportunities and have fair expectations
- We celebrate diversity by welcoming and considering everyone
- We recognise others by valuing and accepting the needs and differences of every individual
- We share all areas and resources fairly and invite others to participate.
- We work as a group to achieve a common goal
- We recognise and utilise the strengths of everyone in our team
- We show commitment and respects the ideas and opinions on others
- We help others work things out for themselves.
- We try our best and know that it is better than not trying at all
- We set goals, we achieve those goals, and we always aspire to succeed
- We self-reflect and take responsibility of our own learning
- We always persevere when things get tough, to achieve our personal best.
- We embrace change and look for new learning opportunities
- We develop coping mechanisms and find ways to move forward
- We try new things and are prepared for any outcome
- We bounce back from adversity by looking on the bright side.
- We make positive choices in diverse situations
- We do the right thing, even when no one is watching
- We hold ourselves accountable and own our own behaviours
- We are true to who we are and what we value.